Update from Bournemouth and Poole College
We understand that out current global situation has caused anxiey and frustration amongst our students and parents, especially with regards to the awarding of grades, destinations and skills outcomes.
We would like to reassure you that we are doing all that we can to ensure the transition to their next phase of education, training or employment is as seamless as possible.
- Careers Team gave advice in the final assembly
- Every Yr 11 student/parent has been contacted by a member of the Careers team to talk through options and confirm placements for next year
- Social Media links to Virtual talks, WEX and skills sessions
- All students have received login information to Be Ready, which has access to certificated courses
- All students have received a copy of ‘How to improve your employability during lockdown’, which categorises skills sessions, Future Learn courses and gives advice on CV and interview technique
At the moment we are advising that if you had secured an Apprenticsehip position that you contact both the college and your proposed placement. The current economic climate has impacted this particular pathway moreso than others and it is advisible to have a ‘full time’ college course as a back up.
You can find out more information regarding Apprenticeships here: https://amazingapprenticeships.com/
If you need anything further from the Careers team, please do not hesitate to contact us.